What should you do if you think you have been wrongfully terminated at your job?. The following short video lays out the steps you can take if you feel you have been wrongfully terminated.



If you think you’ve been wrongfully terminated in California, the first thing is don’t sign anything. Just take whatever documents you’ve been given from your employer. Take them home and say, “I need to take this under submission,” and take a look at them.

As you gather evidence, and as you calm down emotionally, and think about what happened, you may realize, “Hey, that was retaliation for my complaint way back when. And really, that wasn’t right.”

And you can go to the Department of Fair Employment and Housing or you can contact an attorney. There’s a lot of recourse that can be had.