If you have experienced employment discrimination in California, how does one go about suing their employer? In this short video, employment attorney Lauren Abrams provides further details on this subject.



In California, if you want to sue for discrimination, you need to go to the Department of Fair Employment and Housing and fill out an application. It’s very important you either have the Department of Fair Employment and Housing do an investigation or you need to apply for a Right-to-Sue notice. It’s very important that you do this procedural hurdle, or else your lawsuit will actually get kicked out.

It’s a procedural hurdle that is required in the state of California. It is the first step in order to sue for discrimination in California.